By: Dana Dworkin
With Valentine’s Day tomorrow, the second most important question after what to wear on a V Day date is: what do I do for my makeup? Whether you are going out with your beau, or dancing the night away with girlfriends, you are going to need something that will stay all night. Check out the look below, and learn to create a romantic look with an edge!
I have been sick for a couple of weeks now, so my skin, especially around my nose, is red and blotchy. My lips are chapped and my eyebrows are in need of some serious attention! Even though I am not looking or feeling my best, this look was just enough to help me look a lot better than I felt without caking on the makeup.
1. I did my eyes first to ensure that any fallout could be brushed away before I applied my foundation and concealer. I used the Tartelette In Bloom palette by Tarte Cosmetics for my eyeshadow. I used the shade Sweetheart all over the lid and blended Jetsetter as a transition shade. I applied Leader in my crease and used Smokeshow as liner. Next I highlighted the middle of the lid with Funny Girl to brighten up the look. I used the lightest shade in my Lorac Love, Lust, and Lace palette as a highlight in the inner corner and under my eyebrow.
2. To finish off the eyes, I applied my L’Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara, and filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, which is my holy grail brow product.
3. Next, I applied my Diorskin Star foundation, which is a medium coverage foundation that is hydrating without being oily, because the last thing you want to worry about is looking shiny when you’re tearing up with dance floor with your friends.
4. I concealed and highlighted the face with my Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, and set all the areas that I applied concealer to with the Josie Maran Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Powder.
5. I lightly contoured under my cheekbones with my Physician’s Formula Bronze Booster, and then applied Benefit Coralista blush to the apples of my cheeks. Above my blush, I highlighted my cheekbones with the absolutely beautiful Benefit High Beam. This highlight will gently shimmer even in the dim light of a romantic dinner.
6. For my lips, I used the Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain, which is absolutely perfect for Valentine’s Day as it won’t budge no matter what you eat or who you kiss!
7. Finally, I sprayed Urban Decay’s All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray all over my face, to ensure that none of my makeup would move.
That’s my final look! I hope you guys have an amazing Valentine’s Day, spent with loved ones (a.k.a the girls at your local Sephora).