By: Valerie Butler
Every now and again military and army inspired looks make a comeback, but this year military style isn’t just taking over street style, it’s all over the runway. Take a look at the 5 best military style moments:
- Everyone’s favorite American socialite and stye icon, Olivia Palermo attends NYFW in an olive army jacket inciting internet uproar over the trend following fashion week.
- The highly anticipated Balmain x H&M collaboration has been getting much attention. The runway featured many military inspired looks. This look is the epitome of latent militaristic fashion, it’s no wonder the collection is completely sold out.
- Fashion blogger and stylist Tina Leung’s NYFW street style is clean and attractive. The contrast between the shades of green and the long off white skirt create a feminine feel while the mirrored sunglasses keep it tough.
- Whether you liked Kanye West’s Fall 2015 Ready-to Wear collection or not, there is no denying the military influence present. The emphasis on this puffer vest and other combatant pieces by dressing models in layers to match their skin create the sense of a disorderly army.
- Miroslava Duma does military by blurring the lines between nautical and army wear for Paris Fashion Week. She wears a Chanel jacket, matching hat, black backpack and knee high boots.
To see more by V.Butler, visit her blog at whotrustprettygirls.wordpress.com