By: Lauren Holappa
Fall is an exciting time because you are able to start shopping for sweaters and jackets to layer with. However, it can be tricky to find nice jackets and coats that look nice without breaking the bank. Here is a list of fantastic coats that will keep you cozy in the impending chilly weather.
- The Seventies Throwback – One of my favorite trends of the season is seventies suede. This is appearing everywhere – in dresses, skirts, tops, coats and jackets. Style this coat with your favorite pair of flares, a ribbed tank and round sunglasses to create the perfect retro look! Find this coat here.
- The Bomber – The bomber jacket is an all time favorite that is still a top trend. It is a classic, casual jacket. This classic is also perfect for the in-between weather and is a great day-to-night piece. Start the day in mom jeans, a t-shirt and Stan Smiths. End the night in a slip dress, booties and bright red lipstick. Find the jacket
- The Teddy Coat – The teddy coat is guaranteed to become one of your personal favorites. They are so cuddly that it is like wearing your favorite worn down Patagonia, but a bit more classic and chic. Style this with a fun wrap dress and thigh-high boots – you’ll be turning heads! Find this coat
- The Cape – The cape is great when you want to make your outfit look like you just threw it together – even though you probably spent an hour in front of the mirror throwing clothes about your room to find the perfect outfit for the day. This cozy blanket-like cape will make you want to go grab a pumpkin spice latte and frolic in the colorful fall leaves. Style with riding boots, skinny jeans and a loose t-shirt. Find cape
- The Tailored Coat – Lastly, this coat is perfect for those who are getting ready to go on co-op interviews. It is a clean tailored coat, but still very much in style. These coats have that awesome 80s duster vibe. Style with a pencil dress and kitten heels – you’ll wow the professionals! Find coat