By Stephanie Baladi
Spring break has come and gone, and we hope you’ve enjoyed a well-deserved break. Before you get back into the swing of things, give yourself a few more moments of leisure, take a break and check out these highlights from the past week.
1. Since she first came on the scene, Cara Delevingne always seems to be making headlines for one reason or another. This time, it’s for strutting down the Fendi runway with a doll of the brand’s Creative Director Karl Lagerfeld in tow. It quickly became one of the most Instagrammed moments of Milan Fashion Week. [Cara Delevingne Stole the Show Carrying a Karl Lagerfeld Doll; Fashionista.com]
2. For the last two years, bold brows have been a girl’s best accessory. If you’re wondering how to achieve your own statement brows, take a look at this quick tutorial that teaches you the easy, simple way to get runway ready brows. [Bold Brows by Joyce Bonelli; YouTube]
3. If you haven’t heard about Moschino’s 2014 fall/winter ready-to-wear show yet, you might be living under a rock. The brand adopted McDonald’s famous golden arches as its own symbol, but they didn’t stop there. Everything from denim, leather, gold, and even SpongeBob SquarePants came down the runway. It was truly a show that won’t soon be forgotten. [At Moschino, Jeremy Scott Takes Low-Brow Fashion Gags into High-Fashion Territory; Fashionista.com]
4. Sometimes, it’s hard to keep a shoe obsession under control – who says a pair of blue suede pumps isn’t a good investment? But, Harper’s Bazaar is essentially giving us reasons to splurge, letting us in on the 12 essential styles every woman should have in their closet and providing us with the excuse “they said it’s essential.” [Back to Basics: 12 Shows Every Woman Should Own; Harper’s Bazaar]
5. Some of the best looks during Fashion Month aren’t on the runway, but rather all over the city’s streets adorning different show-goers and fashion bloggers. Get ready to feel envious and check out this compilation of the 60 best bags of New York Fashion Week. [The 60 Best Bags of NYFW; Refinery29]
6. Do you remember Pharrell Williams’s iconic yet ridiculous Vivienne Westwood hat he wore to this year’s Grammys? Of course you do. How could you forget it? Well, the artist is selling the piece on eBay and donating funds to his charity which helps underserved youth. [Pharrell’s Vivienne Westwood Hat is Going for $10,500 on eBay; Fashionista.com]