By Stephanie Baladi
Photos: The Cut
Are you excited to escape the bleak winter with the excitement of fashion month? Over the next four weeks the hottest looks will be coming down the runways of New York, London, Milan and Paris. Be prepared!
1. Well, Groundhog’s Day confirmed it: six more weeks of winter. Are you ready? Cold weather doesn’t always mean you have to sacrifice style for comfort. Fashion editors tell us their picks for warm weather wear that fits in perfectly in a crowd at this season’s fashion shows. [How Editors Beat the NYFW Storm in Style; Harper’s Bazaar]
2. The Winter Olympics are finally upon us. Reminisce on the outfits worn by athletes from decades past and see just how much style has changed. [Bringing Home the Sartorial Gold; Harper’s Bazaar]
3. From paper to print, get an inside look at the process of how a Chloe dress goes from a simple sketch on paper to being featured in an ad campaign. [The Life of a Chloe Dress; The Cut]
4. This past Saturday, a streaker showed up at Prabal Gurung’s Fall/Winter 2014 fashion show in New York. Unlike the rowdy crowds at sports games who usually cheer on such pranks, no one seated in the tent thought the stunt was funny. They all realized just how rude it was. [Prabal Gurung’s Show was Streaked and No One was Amused; Fashionista.com]
5. This season was Donna Karan’s 25th anniversary DKNY show and to celebrate the occasion, she took the label back to its roots as a label made based off “the people of New York.” To capture this, she used regular people such as tattoo artists and hostesses as models in her show to bring the New York street energy to the runway. [Donna Karan’s Models Were Just Regular People; The Cut]