By Stephanie Baladi
The holiday season is finally here! It’s time for Christmas music, hot cocoa and, sadly, finals. Don’t stress out these next few weeks. Take a quick study break and check out the links below!
1. On Nov. 20, Jay Z launched his collection with Barneys. Despite previous accusations of the store racially profiling customers, the rapper decided to go through with the partnership. The prices range from $395 for a pair of jeans to $2,590 for a pair of leather boxing shorts, and even as high as $33,900 for a watch. Needless to say, this collection is going to be out of most people’s price ranges, but go check out the pieces for yourself. [Jay Z’s Collection for Barneys is Great If You Like $2,600 Boxer Shorts; Jezebel]
2. These days, a bargain hunter’s best friend is his or her smart phone. More and more apps are coming out that want to help you get the best deal on those pieces you’ve had your eye on. Check out these seven free apps that’ll help you with your savings this holiday season. [These 7 Shopping Apps are a Deal Hunter’s Best Friend; Refinery29]
3. This past week, Huffington Post published a list of 23 women’s fashion trends that men hate most. On the list? Peplums, high-waisted-anything and leggings. This list is just begging for someone to ask, “Do men think women are dressing for them,” and maybe even “Are we?” I’ll admit, when I put together an outfit, some positive feedback is more than welcome, but at the end of the day, I’m wearing what I feel comfortable and confident in — not what I think will get me the most male attention. What do you think about the list? [Hahaha, Men Still Think We’re Dressing for Them; Jezebel]
4. It was announced last Saturday, Nov. 23, that Lady Gaga will be the face of Versace in its latest campaign. The singer is definitely channeling none other than the brand’s own Donatella Versace as she lounges on a loveseat, her blonde extensions flowing down. [Gaga for Versace: A Very Fitting Gig; Refinery29]
5. If you’ve already started to think about what you’re going to want to wear to all the upcoming holiday parties, then check out this list of 10 great dresses, all at extremely affordable prices. You’ll look great without breaking the bank! [10 Ultra-Luxe Party Dresses With Even Prettier Price Tags; Refinery29]