By Catherine Civgin
Photos: Bergdorf Goodman, Moschino, Net-a-Porter, Who What Wear, Alexander McQueen, Chanel
Dressing warm vs. looking good is a decision many students feel like they have to make during the winter season. While bundling up for colder weather can make it difficult to stay stylish, it’s by no means impossible! Adding smaller accessories to your outfit is an easy way to look great while staying warm on the way to class. Here are our picks to elevate your winter wardrobe.
2. The Must-Have Phone Case – Meet Gennarino, Moschino’s adorable bear mascot, who has quickly become the must-have iPhone case of 2013. While the original case features a brown bear, Moschino began selling a red version during the recent holiday season!
3. Snood – “The new infinity scarf,” snoods are the go-to scarf this season. Essentially an oversized tube scarf, they are perfect for keeping your neck warm while adding style! Pick a neutral color and it will go with your entire wardrobe.
4. Fingerless, Leather Gloves – The cost-effective way to add a touch of leather to your winter look! Celebrities like Rihanna, Victoria Beckham, and Rachel Bilson are just a few who have been spotted rocking this look.
5. Limited Edition Nail Polish – Chanel’s limited edition holiday color this year is “Malice.” The shimmering, burgundy-red color goes on nicely and is the perfect vampy shade for winter.
6. Print Umbrella – Practical and trendy, this accessory adds some fun to your outfit while shielding you from the snow and rain! Grab one with a quirky pattern, such as these by Marc by Marc Jacobs. These umbrellas will take you into spring!