After just one year on Newbury Street (they celebrated their anniversary on Nov. 13th!), Fossil seems to fit right in with the best of them. Located next to Urban Outfitters, the store has a unique vibe that seems to draw you in for a second look. While known for their watches, Fossil also carries a slew of other items. For this holiday season, the clothes are colorful, the handbags classic, and the watches coveted. But, of course, that’s nothing new.
While shopping the store, we marveled at the leather products (that we learned age beautifully), pestered the associates about their love for the store’s skinny jeans, and tried on several gorgeous coats. Jen also had a chance to create a holiday wish list video sharing her favorite items found around the Fossil store! See below for her top five picks for the holiday season:
1. Skinny Jeans ($98): Having never been inside this Fossil before, one of the first things that I noticed were their skinny jeans! All the associates were wearing them and there was a neat display of all their choices, ranging from classic denim and shades of mint green to polka dots on a trendy camel color. I found the cut, the colors, and the quality of the jean all to be very wearable and fitting for the season, but don’t take it just from me, all the associates in the store raved about how comfortable and durable these skinnies were.
2. Emma Watch ($125): This versatile watch is part of Fossil’s holiday collection and is great for not only day-to-day wear, but will also be trendy forever. I like how the classic silver tone watch face can be customized with over 12 different kinds of bands because you can choose from plain leather, stainless steel, or even a daring snake print. The watch face is also surrounded by glimmering rhinestones which adds a touch of femininity to the otherwise simple watch.
3. Lisa Dress ($138): This is easily one of my favorite items in the store. This silky forest green leaf print dress is refined enough so that it can be worn both during the day and the night. I also felt that the green tones of the dress would be fitting for any holiday parties. This elegant dress was on display with a thick burgundy sweater over it, which provided for a nice contrast of fall colors.
4. Aubrey Jacket ($145): In a sea of black and gray peacoats, this cherry red jacket stood out to me. I absolutely love the military gold buttons on this coat because it gives the coat a little extra dazzle. I also like this peacoat because I think it would go really well over any pair of skinny jeans and some riding boots.
5. Key-Per Zip Multifunction Wallet ($45): I am so impressed with the quality of this wallet! The wallet is made of coated canvas, meaning that the wallet has a somewhat glossy look to it. You can just tell that the wallet will be able to last for a long time and the great colors will be preserved as well. The wallet comes in a variety of prints so you can choose from a mod floral print, bright petal design, or a lovely swan design. Also, instead of a regular zipper, the wallet has a lovely key lock charm instead which adds a vintage-y feel to it. An added bonus is that this wallet is small enough to function as a wristlet, so you can bring it with you anywhere!
Be sure to head over to the Fossil store to pick up some great gifts for the holiday season! They are located at 359 Newbury Street and are open Monday to Thursday 10am-8pm, Friday and Saturday 10am-9pm, and Sunday 11am-8pm.