By Brooke Kamenoff
New York Fashion Week has finally begun… but that doesn’t mean the rest of the fashion industry has stopped moving. While all eyes are on the shows, we’re bringing you some of the top style stories with this week’s edition of Fashion Links of the Week.
1. Have you ever wondered how some of the big names got their chance to appear in Vogue? If yes, read more at Vogue Daily. [Vogue Stores: Sarah Jessica Parker, Isabella Rossellini, and Others Recall Their Big Break in the Magazine: Vogue.com]
2. The making of an Hermes Kelly bag is pretty cool. Click through for a video! [Watch the Making of an Hermes Kelly Bag: NYMag.com]
3. CR Fashion Book is finally out! Peep an exclusive interview with Carine Roitfeld. [Exclusive Video: Carine Roitfeld on CR Fashion Book: NYMag.com]
4. Scott Schuman, AKA The Sartorialist, had a gallery exhibiting some of his works and promoting his new book “Closer”. [A Street Sense on Exhibit: The New York Times]
5. Ok, ok… No Links of the Week post would be complete without something relating to NYFW. We’ll let you indulge in some awesome streetstyle shots. [Our Top Street Style Snaps from NYFW: Day 1: Fashionista.com]
6. J.Crew obsessed? Us too! Read all about CEO Mickey Drexler! [Mickey Drexler: King of Casual Chic: The Wall Street Journal]
7. If you’ve become a couch potato since classes have started, you’ll probably want to take a look at this complete list of NYFW livestream shows. [Never Leave Your Couch: A Complete List of Every Show LiveStreaming During New York Fashion Week: Fashionista.com]
Any links we missed? Let us know in the comments below!